- Tapia Velázquez, A. Y. and Van Hauwaert, S. M., Citizens, mechanics and environmental responsiveness: understanding public opinion towards gender roles across Europe.
- Van Hauwaert, S. M. and Wlezien, C., What moves mood? The structures and dynamics of parallel and non-parallel preference models.
- Van Hauwaert, S. M. Immigration as a thermostat? The interaction between immigration opinions and policy across 17 European countries.
- Romero, X. and Van Hauwaert, S. M., Unequal (public) responses to inequality. The structure and origins of redistributive preferences across Western democracies
- Romero, X. and Van Hauwaert, S. M., Economic inequality and (un)equal policy responsiveness.
- Van Hauwaert, S. M. and Vegetti, F., Immigration opinions and the mechanisms at their origins: How European citizens respond to their environments.
- Van Hauwaert, S. M., Introducing the GPOP data set: Public opinions in a comparative perspective.
- Van Hauwaert, S. M. and Cinalli, M., Democratic circuits and responsiveness: A systematic approach to the interplay between citizens, policy and the public sphere.
Cinalli, M. and Van Hauwaert, S. M. Public opinion and a multi-dimensional policy environment: Evidence from the contentious politics of Islam in France
Cinalli, M. and Van Hauwaert, S. M. How does politics respond to public concerns about Islam and Muslims in France?